Monday, October 10, 2011

Introducing the Certuche's

Hello and welcome to my blog. Let me start by telling you a little about us, The Certuche's.

My name is Destinie Certuche. I'm a 28 year old woman just making my way through life. I try to make the best out of every situation, learning as I go, with the goal in mind to make my family proud and enjoy my life as it is. I am educated and certified as an elementary teacher. However, was unable to find a teaching position in a desirable town, near my family. So this year I'm taking a step back and substituting for a year in an attempt to get a permanent position in the future. I have a great love for reading and try to read atleast a few chapters before bed every night. My mother has always been crafty but I never thought I'd really get the bug. Well the time has come. My hobby of crafting is specified in crosstitching and my most recent addition has been dabbling in quilting. These are enjoyable hobbies which can easily be done while participating in my other "hobby', watching TV.

In 2008 I married Joel Certuche. Joel works in a warehouse that supplies the local army depot. In his free time Joel enjoys watching sports. If he's not at work or watching sports you can find him playing his XBOX. Somedays I'm not sure which he loves more, me or the XBOX. lol

Since we have been spending the last few years searching out our spot in this world we have chosen not to have children yet. We have plenty of stuff to move from house to house, town to town while we try to find a place to settle. Adding a baby and all that comes with them would be insane. So to fill that spot in our lives and give us some practice of having kids, we have 2 dogs. They are our babies, my puppies though they are both over a year old. We have now had Bella (4.5 years old) for almost 4 years now. We found her in a shelter and though she was bigger than we were wanting we instantly fell in love with her. She is a springer/spaniel mix with white and mahogany coloring. She loves us dearly but isn't super cuddly. After 2 years I still wanted a sweet, little cuddly baby to hold and love on so we began entertaining the idea of having another puppy to add to the mix. It so happened my sisters dog had puppies so we were able to get Chip (1 year old), a black and brown miniature pinture/rottweiler mix. He is smaller than Bella but still not tiny. However he loves being close to his mommy. Occasionally he likes to lay in my lap and be held but most of the time he just lays up against me. Be it curled up against my thigh, curved in my knees or cuddle against my tummy, he must be touching me somehow. If I move he just moves with me to get up against me again. I love it. Close and cuddly but I still have my hands and lap free for my crafting.

Well that's a little background on our family. Follow our blog to get to know more about us and our life. My desire with this blog is to journal our lives to later review and relive our experinces. I hope family and friends will follow the fun and exciting as well as boring and mundane activities of our life. Us, The Certuche's. Our life, Certuche Style.

1 comment: