Saturday, November 12, 2011

Feeling the need for some routine

 

SUNDAY-I was laying in bed this night and felt the room shake a little.  It was odd and I remember thinking if we were on the top level or had before felt unsteadiness it would be understandable but neither of these are true.  I joked maybe it was the earth a shakin.  Low and behold I later found out it was indeed an earthquake.  First I’ve ever experienced. My grandparents are coming to visit next weekend.  My grandmother knows I am into crafting and I’m sure she’ll ask to see my progress. I have been crosstitching a lot lately preparing a Christmas present for my her.  So to prepare something to show her I have jumped in over the weekend and will continue this week with doing some other crafts that I can show her.  Hope it’ll work  and I don’t have to say ‘look don’t you remember what you always told us as kids that around the holiday’s you just don’t ask too many questions?” I hope she’ll just be impressed with what I’ve done so far and I can get her distracted in that.

 

            craft basket

                   (over flowing craft basket)

MONDAY- I’m going to try this week to not go back to bed after Joel goes to work to get me a bit of a routine going.  It was a good thing I got up and began doing my housework early on.  My dad is in town at my “Texarkana grandparents” (his mom and dad/my step grandparents). He called and asked if I wanted run around town and do some errands with him.  I don’t spend much time with my dad, and I knew if I stayed home I’d just finish my house work and sit around crafting and watching tv so out I went with dad. Nothing spectacularly interesting for me.  He is setting up a home business of welding so we went around town so he could do some price checking. I got home a little after noon, ate lunch, napped and did my form of relaxing, watching tv and crafting.  I’m making good progress on my crafts for Christmas presents. 

TUESDAY-I finally got completely set up on the substitute website with 2 local districts. As well as expanded my sub availability to the preschool and middle schools in hopes to add some jobs. I’m not getting as much work at this point as I had hoped and something’s got to change.  Other than this my day was pretty routine, well my current lazy version of routine. LOL The afternoon/evening did get a little rocky with the weather turning bad.  Nothing bad where we are at just rainy.  But there were tornado’s south of us heading in our direction and wasn’t sure where it would stop. Also a tornado was near enough our home town that they held the kids from getting on the busses until the weather stabalized.  I never heard anymore so I guess things didn’t turn out too terrible anywhere.

WEDNESDAY- I had my first experience at middle school today.  It was so so. Being middle school the students do change classes so the nice things with that is that I only had each class for 45 minutes at a time.  The teacher had left work so basically I just passed it out and monitored that the students were on task.  The morning classes were really good. The afternoon classes were a little more talkative and disrespectful.  However I stood my ground. I let them know I was boss and they were going to treat me with respect and accept what I say goes and not grumble at me. Despite really not doing a lot of activity as you would with elementary level I was wore out.  I came in, popped a frozen pizza in the oven an sat on the couch just staring at the tv for a few hours.  I didn’t even craft.  I was in bed by 8:30 that night. 

THURSDAY- Well again I stayed up after Joel went to work. Yeah me! However, I didn’t go farther than that to actually get real work done.  Since I didn’t have any out of the house work set up for the day I thought I had time to get things done later.  I ended up watching tv and playing around on the computer for hours until my dad called to come use my printer.  I jumped up, dressed and started straightening up a little.  We have been doing really good keeping the house clean. Usually after supper I don’t do much so being that I’m not working full time I take care of things the next morning.  Well since I worked Wednesday the house hadn’t been “cleaned” since Tuesday. I felt it was a mess, though it must have not been that bad because once I jumped in and tackled it I was done within an hour. This not working full time out of the house on a regular basis I’m falling into a lazy pattern.  I must get myself in a better routine so when I do work it doesn’t kick my tail.

messy house

(Clothes folded but still on the kitchen table, mine and joel’s lunch boxes, my school bag…AAAAGGGGGHHH! the mess)

FRIDAY- Today I was back at the Primary school (K-1) in PE. This was a good subbing experience. Nice because I had lots of kids not just 1 group all day.  The rough parts were-- it’s little little kids ,2 classes at a time so 30-45 kids at a time, for a whole hour, in PE. I am one of those structured, organized, ordered teachers.  (My teacher friends reading this don’t hold it against me)  The wildness that comes with PE was  um..different for me.  Also I’m used to teaching all subjects so what I do all day is different.  When you teach just 1 subject it’s a repeat all day of the same lesson, recitation, and exercising. REDUNDENT for a teacher used to variety throughout the day. However I do now know that a coke is 150 calories and has 3 times more sugar than children need and even 2 times more than an adult needs. I also got further proof in my belief that rote memorization/ recitation does work in some cases. Each week they have identified another bone of the body.  Every PE session (2 a week) they recite all the bones they’ve learned to date.  I was amazed at how many of these kindergarten and first graders could name and locate so many bones.  Many that I myself couldn’t even name.  A plus of being in PE I was VERY active.  I did a lot of walking around that big gym tying shoes, encouraging kids to participate and quail arguing. I don’t know if it was the force to be out of the house and going, the physical activity level of PE, or that my body is getting more into routine but I came home and was not dead on my feet.  It was nice.  Now if next week will be as good.

SATURDAY-Now that I have spent plenty of time on the computer I must get up and do some deep cleaning. My grandparents will be here in a few hours.  I want it to be spic and span (or Mr. Clean, or Fabuloso, or Lysol--whatever cleaning supplies are in the cabinet lol)clean in here, and have some food prepared.  I also hope to have enough time to continue adding to my craft supply so grannie doesn’t question what I’ve been doing with my free time since I can’t show her my original craft project.  So I must get off the couch and get going.

Until next week…

 

bella asking out   chip playing

(Bella telling me to get off the computer and take her out and Chip just looking cute)

1 comment: