Saturday, November 19, 2011

Why did I bother planning?

SATURDAY- We had a nice but short visit with my grandparents. Shortly after they got here they said they wanted to do some shopping  and wanted me to chauffer.  Being a bigger town there are more store options and some competitive pricing for items.  The thanksgiving turkey was bough here because of the lower cost.  We got in from shopping just in time to watch the Razorback game.  I made supper while Grannie hemmed some of my pants that were too longs  and Joel and Pop watched the full game. I listened and watched while things were cooking.

Chip begging

(This is a picture from Saturday night of Chip begging to get out of the bedroom and see my grandparents. He cracked me up so much I can to get my phone to take a picture.)

SUNDAY-Since I had worked so hard Saturday cleaning for the grandparent visit I decided I was doing nothing Sunday.I stayed in my PJ’s all day. We left briefly to put gas in Joel’s truck and get a newspaper so I could cut out the coupons.  Only to discover they take out the coupons if you buy it from a stand and are not subscribed. Bummer.

MONDAY- I didn’t have any work scheduled so planned to have some computer time then get to house cleaning.  Just as I was finishing up on the computer I got some personal news that upset me and I spent the rest of the day in a haze between crying and trying to work out and fix the issues.  Needless to say no housework was done.

TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, FRIDAY- I was back in preschool.  It wasn’t a bad day but it wasn’t great. LOL  not to far into the first day I remembered why I left preschool to begin with. It was nice to have a fairly easy schedule with playing in centers, PE time, and a long nap the day sped by.  The downside is it’s preschool.  Lots of tattling, very little attention during the lesson and they had no concept of walking quiet down the hall in a line.  Yes to some that’s not a big deal but to my very particular and organized self it all grated my nerves and I came home each day wore out and with a huge headache.

image    image

WEDNESDAY- I only worked for the morning and had planned to come home eat lunch and clean house. No such luck I was wiped out I came in took a nap and just watched tv.  I did go hang out with my cousin for a little bit.  We didn’t do much a quick trip to SAMS CLUB then just chattin.

image

THURSDAY- I was not scheduled to work anywhere so had all plans to clean house this day but Wednesday evening I got a call from the Elementary school to sub. As much as I needed the day at home to clean, grocery shop and cook I had to work.  #1 because I can’t turn a day of work. Any bit to add to the paycheck. ( I got my first paycheck for the half day that went in this pay period and it was a whooping $22.) #2 I’ve been desperately waiting to sub at the Elementary school. That is 2,3,4th grades. Exactly where I want to be.  I was in a 3rd grade classroom. This confirmed my thoughts.  If I teach I want 2,3,or 4th.  I felt it was a chore in preschool but this experience was great. I absolutely loved it. I actually had 2 classes because at this school they chance between 2 classes. I had my homeroom  for like 15 minutes then they went to a teacher for Reading, Spelling and English. Then switch back to their home room (me) for Math, Science and Social Studies.  I hope now that I’ve been there once they will call me more often.

Well despite working a full day I felt pretty good when I got home. Since I had the energy I had intentions to finally get on the house cleaning.  Well as this post is titled, “ Why did I bother planning?” I came in, change out of my work clothes and got the the kitchen to get started.  Only to find a water main was busted and we had no water til 7 p.m. Yet again no housework done.

FRIDAY- I worked all day at preschool and it was physically agonizing.  They were having a safety fair where the classes rotated around the school meeting and learning from the local police officers, forest rangers, fire fighters and ambulance drivers.  By the end of the day my head was throbbing so bad I wanted to cry.

SATURDAY- Finally got around to cleaning house. It needed it, I would have been so embarrassed if anyone had come by. The thing is it didn’t even take me all that long to get the work done.  In about an hour I had a load of laundry going, the dishwasher loaded and running, another load that I hand washed the bed made and the newspaper strewn around the living room end tables picked up.  I then was able to watch some tv and get back to crosstitching. Got a nap and a shower in before the Razorback game started.

  image

So here I am on the computer and watchin the game.  Searching the crowd for my too lucky cousin who got to go to the game. After blogging and checking email and facebook I’ll do some coupon searching.  After the game I’ll go pick up a few groceries for the short week.

image

I’m still not used to the idea of taking pictures of things to post.  This week I scrapped up some stuff offline to color up my blog but I’ll try to get better.

We will be in our hometown next weekend for Thanksgiving so probably no blog til the following week.  Until then….

No comments:

Post a Comment