Tuesday, December 6, 2011

THE THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY

 

GATHERING #1

Every year for Thanksgiving my grannie’s (maternal grandmother) family rents out the building my hometown neighborhood uses for community events. It’s a big open one room building with an old fashioned pot belly wood stove.  It was a large buffet table down the middle for tons of food which tends to be covered every time I’m there. This was one of our low number years with just over 30 people there.  We have some family from out of state that weren’t in travel health so we missed them this year.   I try my best to be good and not over heat but it’s so hard. since we do the meal pot luck style I want to try a little of it all. After the meal there are games and stories and picture sharing. Always a good time.

GATHERING #2

At the same time as my grannie’s meal is my husbands family meal.  This year we decided to split up.  I went to my family and he went to his.  After mine started slowing down I planned to leave and join his family.  Unfortunantly I didn’t get out soon enough and by time I got to town Joel said his family was going their separate ways.  So I just went to his grandparents house and was able to visit with his mom and grandparents for a while. Just visiting, no eating.  Probably not a bad thing, allow my stomach to rest. But knowing I had another meal to get to shortly I didn’t indulge in the desserts at my family meal planning to eat that part at his families gathering.  Oh well, though my sweet tooth suffered my tummy was probably thankful.

GATHERING #3

In order to accommodate all the other family gatherings my mom and dad saved their meal for supper time.  And because there would be so much turkey eating mom decided to go in another direction.  My sisters boyfriend planned to bring teriyaki wings he made so mom went for an Asian thanksgiving themed meal.  We had wontons and   It’s THURSDAY-maternal grandmother family, husbands missed but visited, my parents/sister,

Well I was too busy eating and visiting for any picture taking. Sorry.  But as always here’s my babies.

Bella chewin her bone

Bella chewing on her bone.

All my bones!

Chip chewing his bone and holding one in reserve LOL

1 comment:

  1. and just think now it's time to start the Christmas gatherings

    ReplyDelete