Sunday, September 9, 2012

A little of this and that

Well this week was pretty typical for me taking care of household chores, watching tv and crafting, and playing with my four legged babies.  School around here has now been in session for atleast 2 weeks so I have started the many times a day task of checking the substitute website looking for jobs.  I still don’t really except much to start opening up til mid September or maybe not even til October.  However, I am trying to keep up with my picture taking and that alone gives me plenty of blog worthy topics.

                  IMG_0590

For my craft of crosstitching I have to have close and direct lighting.  This is the lamp that is behind my left shoulder.  I’m guessing maybe the bulb is too strong for this shade?  LOL  I noticed this yellow spot the other day and when I touched it the shade plastic just crumbled under my finger…oops! 

                       IMG_0617

This is my battle wound from being a dog momma.  We have a retractable leash.  Chip is pretty hyper when people or dogs are around.  The other day he was running around out side, got excited when someone walked near and wrapped around me in the leash.  Sometimes I’m quick enough to escape but not this time.  That thing slices into my leg leaving an angry red slash that stings.  I have several of these battle scar and they never get any easier to handle.

                  IMG_0626 

This is my new keychain.  I am so excited about it.  I always have to dig and dig for my keys.  My cousin has one of these tab keychains and I’ve been wanting one.  I havn’t been able to find one in a store so crafty me decided to discuss it with my mom and come up with how to do it.  We bought the stuff for it and laid out the measurements the weekend she was here.  Since I don’t have a sewing machine she took it home with her, sewed it and mailed it to me.  I got it yesterday.  Haven’t gone anywhere yet to get to use it but I did put my keys on it and have it waiting by the door.

          Chips mess

This is what becomes of Joels dresser scarf and the things on it when you leave Chips bone up there.  He tends to bring his bones to bed with him and sometimes we have to put it up so he’ll stop chewing it and go to sleep.  One night we did and forgot to give it to him the next morning.  Later when I went into the bedroom for something this is what I found.  He preceded to help himself to his bone since noone would help him.  Joel comes home from work in the middle of the night and cleans out his pockets on the dresser while talking to me.  His donut wrapper, money and an earplug are all scattered across the floor all for the likes of a bone.  Silly boy!

blinds damageLooking out the window

More antidotes of chip….he enjoys looking out the window and watching what goes on.  Unfortunantly that doesn’t bode well for things like the blinds.  We have blocked off our other windows so he can’t see out and this one is usually covered by a bush but the bush was recently cut back and thinned a whole bunch so he can see through it pretty good.  If you look close in both pictures you can see I have attempted to defer his desire to look out by covering the corners of the window with poster board.  The picture of the broken blinds is on the left side, there is a coffee table then the other picture is from the right side of the table.  The left corner blocking method has worked but the damage was already done to the blinds.  He just leans over farther and looks past my covered right side corner.  Guess I need bigger piece of posterboard.

So this blog has seemed to be come all about Chips antics.  He is a mess and gets excitable when people/ dogs are around.  But generally he’s a good dog and very sweet and lovable.  He’s a mommas boy.  He has to be by me most of the time and likes to sleep touching me.  If I happen to readjust and don’t get settled back up against him he will move so he is touching me again.  My sweet babyboy .  Look at this picture of him and tell me how a momma can not love that sweet baby face.

Daddy's head as a pillow

By the way if you happen to notice there, that is my husbands ear.  Chip is laying on the back of the couch using Joel’s head as a pillow.  See what I mean, just cuteness.

This blog has ended up mostly being about Chip. But we must not forget I have another sweet baby.  I don’t lover her any less she’s just much MUCH more relaxed and laid back than her little brother.  Therefore she doesn’t have as many interesting opportunities for pictures. My pretty girl Bella.

 

I will not look at the camera mom

No comments:

Post a Comment