Monday, September 3, 2012

Catching up and cleaning out (iphone pictures)

Ok so I promise I am keeping up with weekly posting I was just busy last weekend and didn’t get it done and kept putting it off during the week.  I have been needing to post some pictures and review some events over the summer anyways and I’ll go ahead and review over the past 2 weeks.

The biggest thing that happened over the summer was the birth of my little brothers daughter, Jesslynn Marie Williams.  I was actually able to be at the hospital the day she was born and saw her within an hour of her birth.  I have gotten to see her a few times since then and when my mom sees her she sends me pictures. 

Jesslynn MarieJesslynn 4 days old

             1 hour old                                          1 month old

IMG_0604IMG_0602 

                     7 weeks old and napping on Grammie.

                     talking with aunt destinei

                            Talking with Aunt Destinie.

Most for the summer Joel worked and I hung around the house.  For a while it was fun not having a schedule and doing what I wanted.  But by July I was done with it and ready for some routine.  We had a couple of family reunions, Istayed a few days with my cousin outside of Little Rock, and then spent about a week and a half with my mom and grandparents.  A few weeks after I came home Joel and I went to a birthday party and this was the big attraction.  An inflatable water slide that was like 32 ft. tall.  The stairs were pretty steep and hard to get up so I didn’t make it too many times but the few I did sure made my arms and legs sore the next few days.

Waterslide at John's party

Joel and I both stayed for a while but since Joel had worked the night before he went home early to be with the dogs and I stayed with my cousin.  Chip is pretty use to snuggling with his momma at night and since I wasn’t there his daddy had to fill in.

          Missing momma

The last weekend in August my cousin was in town. {I am the oldest grandchild, she is the second oldest, 6 years younger than me.  As I’ve said in a previous post as kids we lived less than a mile apart and played together a lot, we moved apart for many years then last year moved back into the same town again.  She has since moved 2 hours away but comes back just about every other weekend. }We spend a lot of time together when she’s in town, I’ve gone to stay with her a couple times, and when we are not together we are constantly texting or on the phone together.  This past weekend we went shopping and out to eat.  I had a strawberry daiquiri but the picture didn’t turn out that great. This is her enjoying her peach sangria and one of  the pants I bought that are too long on me. (I tried wearing them anyways but they really drag the ground LOL. I also bought 2 other pairs of pants that have the same problem, but mom hemmed them for me this weekend.)

Dee Dee's peach sangriaNew pants...way too long

This weekend, the first of September, my mom came for the long weekend to visit.  My dogs love them some Grammie.  They understand when I say Grammie is coming and run to the window to look for her but don’t understand the part about in a few hours so they’d run to the window every time they heard something hoping it was her. 

Waiting for GrammieIs she here yet

Mom got here early Saturday morning.  We did some shopping for craft supplies, visited my local grandparents where my brother, his wife and my niece Jesslynn were also visiting for a few hours then took them to my great aunt who’s only seen pictures of Jesslynn.  We had been out many hours and were wore out so we got a pizza then came home to watch the movie The Help and mom hemmed my long pants to better fit my short legs.  We got up Sunday morning and went grocery shopping.  Came home, unloaded groceries and rested.  Once we rested up we made supper and did a few projects around the house. 

Mom left about lunch time today(Monday) and I’ve spent the rest of the time napping and catching up on tv.  I love when I get to spend time with my mom.  Though it makes the next week after seem quiet and lonely once she’s gone back home (and I don’t watch at much tv and get really behind LOL )

Nothing big planned for this week as of right now.  I need to get the house back in shape and finish up some of our house projects and put up some decorations we worked on over the weekend.  I’ll need to rest up too cause my cousin will be in town next weekend and she always keeps me on the go.  When will I get a quiet lazy weekend at home again?  Not real sure yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment